Saturday 22 December 2012

Meaning of Christmas by Xavier James


Do You Know? By Xavier James L. S.

It was winter. As usual I who was present before 2000 years, was also alive fully. I shine at night when day turns to night; I am none other than the ‘FULL MOON’.

As I passed a hospital I saw many young women standing in a queue accompanied by some men and elderly women. I inquired why they were standing and there was a reply in a mild voice that they were standing in order to abort their unborn babies.

When I passed a Church, I heard people singing and dancing and inquired what was all about and there was a reply, “Today is Christmas, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ”. I bent down to see and saw a crib and an idol of Jesus kept and people were rejoicing.

I stood still and thought for a while, that these people worship an idol which is made out of clay or other substance, while the real Jesus is being aborted in the nearby hospital and they were not even given a chance to breathe and see the world.

Is it not a birthday of a Man and God who came to establish human values? How could these people take it for granted? Is it a meaningful Christmas, when they neglect the real Jesus in the wombs and worship the Jesus in the crib with lots of decorations and illuminations?

This question is in me and I ponder always. I can’t stand still; let me go ahead with my mission so that night turns to day because I am the MOON.   

No comments:

Post a Comment