Thursday 11 October 2012

Reflection on the year of faith from Siddhpur



As we have begun the year of faith today, it is call for us to renew and relish the faith we have received. As I thank the Lord for the faith I have received today I also ask the grace that I may grow in my faith. Today as I was celebrating the Eucharist on the inauguration of the year of faith, I shared that even coming to this parish and taking up this challenge needed much will power, cooperation of people and trust or faith in God. Number does not matter and deepening of faith matters. The providence of God I experience in this new area is marvelous. I believe in surrendering to the Lord and the Lord works through our hands. Faith is called Shraddha in Sanskrit and when we split the word we get the inner meaning i.e. Shrad – Truth & dha – Surrender. It is to say when one knows the truth one surrenders to that truth and surrendering helps us to grow and find meaning in life. I pray that we may surrender to the promptings of the spirit and have abundant life in God. (11th Oct. 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment